Windows 10 CompatTelRunner High CPU Usage
In this digital era, almost everyone owns a computer or laptop device. Among all of the PC users, most of them are using Windows operating system. The latest version of Windows is Windows 10, and Microsoft have introduced so many new and security features in Windows 10. Along with some big changes, Microsoft have also fixed many privacy and security issues in it. Along with some new features, another important feature named Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 is also included in it. This is basically a system app and runs automatically as the Windows starts by compattelrunner.exe. This is an important tool which sends Windows usage and performance data to Microsoft IP addresses so that they can fix the issues with the Windows and improve user experience. Not only Microsoft, but you can also open Task Manager and look details of CompatTelRunner.exe to extract information about your device performance, specifications, mods and many more.
Though Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry service is used for upgrading the current version of your Windows to the latest available version or installing other Service Pack updates too, but some users have reported that they are facing Windows 10 telemetry high CPU usage problem. There are many internet users out there who are very concerned about their privacy and security and doesn’t want CompatTelRunner to send their data to Microsoft. If you are among them, then you might want to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry program too. Do note that compattelrunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry software runs automatically when you start Windows, so you will have to follow below methods to stop it from running.
If your Windows 10 became slow, then you can open task manager to know if it is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 high disk usage problem or is there anything else. Though Microsoft itself said that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is only for collecting data to improve consumer experience and it doesn’t obtain any personal data. Still, disabling it won’t cause any harm to you, so you can do it without using any third-party Microsoft Telemetry Removal Tool. We have mentioned working ways to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high disk usage problem on Windows 10 devices. So, let’s get started.
- Must Read About: Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error
- 1 Windows 10 CompatTelRunner High CPU Usage
- 2 Fix Windows 10 Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage
- 2.1 Method #1. Stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using CMD (Command Prompt)
- 2.2 Method #2. Stop CompatTelRunner.exe Using Registry Editor
- 2.3 Method #3. Using Diagnostics Tracking Service
- 2.4 Method #4. Use Group Policy Editor To Turn Off Microsoft Telemetry
- 2.5 Method #5. Use Task Scheduler To Disable CompatTelRunner.exe
- 3 Disable CompatTelRunner.exe Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility
- 4 Final Words
What Is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Data?
Windows 10 Compatibility Telemetry sends some basic system diagnostics information, along with some of the basic logs of how frequently you use features and applications of the device and necessary system files. You can set the data that needs to be sent, but you can’t disable it. Though Microsoft Enterprise versions have some more settings and advanced features to control this setting.
To understand Compatibility Telemetry Windows in a better way, below we’ve classified Microsoft Telementry settings into four tiers.
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10
Dmwappushsvc service is another Windows service which was released in update for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users (KB3075249, KB3080149, and KB3068708). Though if you are using Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10, then you may want to disable it for security purposes. Still if you want to disable Telemetry in Windows 7/8.1/10, then below methods remain same. This was an opt-in feature before, but with latest Windows 10, you get Microsoft compatibility telemetry windows 10 high disk usage in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
So, what data is sent to Microsoft via telemetry service? Here are some of them:
- Typed text on keyboard sent every 30 minutes.
- Anything you say into a microphone is transmitted.
- Transcripts of things you say while using Cortana.
- Index of all media files on your computer.
- When your webcam is first enabled, 35MB of data.
- Telemetry data mentioned above.
Fix Windows 10 Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage
Windows 10 is latest Microsoft Windows version, so they need users diagnostics and usage details to release more advanced version of Windows. Still, if you want to fix Microsoft compatibility telemetry Windows 10 high disk usage problems, then below we have shared some ways to do it officially. You can also download best root apps Android from this blog. We won’t recommend you to disable compattelrunner.exe compatibility telemetry as it will start again as soon as you start your Windows again. To fix Microsoft compatibility issue in Windows 10, you can use below ways:
Method #1. Stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using CMD (Command Prompt)
CMD or Command Prompt is one of the best and easiest way to get rid of Compatibility Telemetry 100 disk problem. By executing below mentioned commands, you’ll be able to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry permanently, and it won’t run again until you start it manually. Do note that keep a backup of system before trying any method mentioned here. In process to disable Windows telemetry, you might harm your system files if not done properly.
- First of all press Windows Key + R to open RUN box.
- Now type “cmd” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- This will open CMD window. You can also right click on Start Button and select Command Prompt (As Admin).
- When you are in CMD window, enter below mentioned command one by one and don’t forget to press Enter after each.
- sc delete DiagTrack
- sc delete dmwappushservice
- echo ““ > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-DiagTrack-Listener.etl
- red add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection”/v AllowTelemtery/t REG_DWORD/d 0 /f
Method #2. Stop CompatTelRunner.exe Using Registry Editor
You already know about what is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry service, and you can use Registry Editor to disable it. Windows Registry is a Windows service with hierarchical database that stores your system configuration information. If you want to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high CPU using Registry Editor, then follow below steps.
- First of all press Windows Key + R to open Run box.
- In RUN box, type “regedit” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Now you will get a User Account Control confirmation box, just click on Yes.
- Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > DataCollection.
- Now on the right pane, there will be an entry name Allow Telemetry. Double click on it. If you don’t find any entry named Allow Telemetry in Data Collection, then right click on the Data Collection choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Then name the new value Allow Telemetry.
- When you will double click on Allow Telemetry, a new pop-up will appear, just enter Value date to 0 (zero) and click OK.
- That’s it, this is one of the best compattelrunner high disk usage fix.
Method #3. Using Diagnostics Tracking Service
Windows Compatibility Telemetry is said to be an important program which improves user experience. Those who don’t want to participate in it, can use below method to disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry Windows 10 using Windows Services.
- First of all press Windows Key + R to open RUN box.
- Now type “services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- A new window will appear on your screen and in it you can see all of Windows services.
- Now scroll down till you see Diagnostics Tracking Service in the list.
- Once you have found it, right click on it and select Properties.
- In the properties window, under Startup Type open the drop-down menu and select Disable.
- If you were looking for how to solve compattelrunner.exe high CPU usage, then this method will work best for you.
Method #4. Use Group Policy Editor To Turn Off Microsoft Telemetry
Group Policy Editor is another easy way to Windows 10 high disk usage fix. Gpedit.msc or Group Policy Editor is a built-in Windows tool to administer or modify group policies. You can also use same tool to solve Microsoft Windows 10 high CPU usage problem. You can also enable Punjab National Bank Internet Banking. Here’s how to do it in easy way.
- Now again you have to open Run box. To do this press Windows Key + R.
- Type “gpedit.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- If you are not able to find Gpedit.MSC in your Windows 10, then can follow this guide to enable it.
- Once you are group policy editor window, just navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
- On the right side there will be an entry named Allow Telemetry. Double click on it.
- From the options, select Disabled and click on OK.
- Now finally, restart your system to make changes to it.
- Must Read About: Best Movie Download Sites
Method #5. Use Task Scheduler To Disable CompatTelRunner.exe
Task Scheduler is another Windows built-in tool that can be used for compattelrunner disable Windows 10. CompatTelRunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is the process which is responsible for this service. When you’ll disable it, then it will not start again at Windows boot-up. Do note that you should only make changes to your computer when you know what are you doing. To disable CompatTelRunner in Windows 10, just follow below steps:
- First of all press Windows Key + R to open RUN box
- In RUN box, type “taskschd.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Now navigate to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Application Experience.
- Now on the right pane, you will find a service named “Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser”.
- Right click on the Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser and select Disable.
- That’s it. Doing this will stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 diagnostics to send data to Microsoft.
Disable CompatTelRunner.exe Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility
Method #6. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Reddit Method
Another compattelrunner high disk usage fix is posted by a Reddit user in Windows subreddit, if you want to read it, then visit Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Reddit page. Basically he designed a user-friendly program in Python which allows users to shut down or disable Windows telemetry and diagnostic services without any assistance. The name of this is DisableWinTracking, and you can found it on GitHub.
Method #7. Download Microsoft Telemetry Removal Tool
If you want more simpler way to disable data collection in Windows 10 then you can consider using Microsoft Telemetry Removal Tool in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Do note that this Telemetry removal tool for Windows will not just disable it, but it will also disable your system’s Update settings, SkyDrive, and several other useful features. In simpler words, this tool will shut down all Windows automated features.
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry 100 disk is one of the major problems of Windows 10 users. There are some users who are using Windows 10 on a lower-end PC, so they should disable Windows telemetry to solve Microsoft Windows 10 high CPU usage. If you are okay with the data and diagnostics reporting of Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10, then you can keep using your PC like it is, else follow above methods to compattelrunner high disk usage fix and zbigz premium account.
Though there might be many more methods available on how to fix Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility, but still above mentioned methods works best among them. If you know about some more working ways on how to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry program, then do let us know about them via comments below. We’ll keep updating this article about Windows 10 compattelrunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry with news ways to solve it. So, keep visiting.